The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado was tapped for Truck of the Year honors by MOTOR TREND MAGAZINE. Indeed, Motor Trend editors say the Colorado "is a perfect size truck again and its simplicity and purity are what a truck ought to be about." We think that Motor Trend might be right and add that the Colorado will satisfy just about every truck buyer's need.
Colorado returns after a three-year absence and is an all-new midsize pickup truck. It is available in four-door extended- or crew-cab models, with a choice of a four-cylinder or a V-6 engine. It will tow 7,000 pounds with the available V-6 engine and heavy-duty towing package. Traditional truck features such as four-wheel drive and a highly flexible bed with Chevy’s GearOn system are available. And it delivers up to 27 mpg highway for the four-cylinder and 26 mpg with the V-6 (2WD models), when properly equipped.
The Colorado has triple-sealed doors inlaid in the body sides for improved aerodynamic performance and a quieter interior. To help keep overall mass down, lightweight materials such as a aluminum hood are used. It also offers the active aero grille shutters, designed to enhance aerodynamics when closed. Models and trim levels include Work Truck (WT), LT and Z71. The off-road-inspired Z71 features a gunmetal grille surround – a change from the chrome standard on the other models – projector headlamps and 17-inch aluminum wheels with all-terrain tires.
Cab and bed configuration choices include an extended cab model with a six-feet-two-inch bed, a crew cab with a five-feet-two-inch bed and a crew cab with a six-feet-two-inch bed. With the tailgate down, the bed allows hauling of eight-foot-long items.
Colorado’s innovative solutions for hauling and accessing cargo include:
• Standard CornerStep rear bumper design
• EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgate that uses an internal torsion bar to make raising the tailgate easier with one hand, and a damper for more-controlled lowering
• Locking tailgate is standard
• Standard two-tier loading that allows a platform to effectively split the bed into upper and lower sections, making it easier to haul, store and conceal items such as tools
• Thirteen standard tie-down locations throughout the bed for use with available, movable cargo tie-down rings
• Standard bed rail and tailgate protectors
• Bed liner is available as factory-installed spray-in
• Sixteen-inch steel wheels are standard on WT and 16-inch aluminum wheels are available; 17-inch aluminum wheels are standard on LT and 18-inch aluminum wheels are available; 17-inch aluminum wheels are standard on Z71
• WT Appearance Package is available on WT models and includes 16-inch aluminum wheels, body-color outside mirrors, spotter mirror and body-color door handles. The EZ-Lift-and-Lower tailgate is included with the WT Convenience Package, which also includes remote keyless entry, theft-deterrent system and cruise control.
The base MSRP for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado is $25,205.